- Publications & Insights
Heidi Taylor is a partner in our Johannesburg office Corporate Department and a member of the Technology, Media and Telecommunications Practice.
Heidi has advised on both the supplier and customer side of a number of technology and intellectual property transactions such as the supply of software and IT solutions, including software development, implementation, licensing, support and maintenance.
Heidi has also advised on a number of telecommunications transactions, involving the firm’s largest telecommunications clients, in respect of, amongst others, the build, operation and maintenance of their fibre networks across South Africa and other African jurisdictions, ownership and usage rights in respect of such networks and the roaming, leasing and/or sale arrangements in respect of such networks.
Prior to joining Bowmans Heidi was seconded to a large information technology frim for a few days a week for a period of approximately 2 years. During her time at Bowmans Heidi was seconded to MTN.
Heidi holds LLB and LLM degrees from the University of Pretoria.
- Advising Rain (previously known as Wireless Business Solutions) in relation to its multi-billion rand investment in a new national ‘high-speed LTE-A’ network.
- Advising VNext regarding its entry into the South African market and in concluding a deal for the joint development of an open access fibre network with Vumatel.
- Advising one of the world’s leading social network companies in respect of a transaction in which our client partnered with local players to develop a terrestrial and aerial optical fibre cable network in Uganda.
- Advising Gemalto SA France / Gemalto Southern Africa, a worldwide leader in smart card based solutions for banking, security, loyalty, wireless and e-business applications, in relation to, amongst others, instant card issuance agreements which it concluded with various customers throughout Africa.
- Advising Micro Focus regarding the licensing of its software and the provision of support, maintenance and related services to a state-owned entity in a transaction which is worth hundreds of millions.
- Advising MTN in respect of a number of commercial transactions.