- Publications & Insights
Jane Andropoulos is a partner in the Dispute Resolution Department. She joined Bowmans in July 2016.
Jane specialises in commercial litigation and is admitted to practice law in South Africa and was previously admitted as an advocate. Her extensive experience in both motion and trial work ranges from company law, contractual and property disputes to administrative law challenges in respect of regulatory bodies.
She has a LLB degree and completed an Advanced short course in business rescue practice with the University of South Africa.
- Acting for an established banking institution in a business rescue matter where the removal of a business rescue practitioner was necessitated by an interest he had in the proceedings, contrary to the provisions of Chapter 6 of the Companies Act, and where the second business rescue practitioner appointed, was also removed for failing to comply with the provisions of Chapter 6, relating to the furnishing of a business rescue plan.
- Acting successfully for plaintiffs in a malicious prosecution claim instituted against defendants who intentionally and without due cause started criminal proceedings against the plaintiffs. The matter is a reported judgment, where a leave to appeal application brought by the defendants was refused and their petition to the Supreme Court of Appeal was also refused.
- Successfully drafting and launching an urgent application to perfect certain notarial bonds for a large client concerning a sizeable consignment of goods, where there was a real threat that creditors would attach those goods which formed the subject matter of a new sale agreement.
- Acting for the major service provider of the Contact Call Centre in obtaining an urgent interdict against the Gauteng Department of Finance and preventing them from terminating the contract unlawfully and instituting arbitration proceedings successfully against them, which culminated in a settlement agreement.
- Recognised by Best Lawyers 2017, 2016 and 2015 for Litigation.