Jane Muriithi is a senior associate in our Nairobi office and a member of the Mergers and Acquisition department.
Jane specialises in corporate and commercial law work involving mergers and acquisitions, business and asset transfers, private equity and joint venture transactions, private client work and general corporate and commercial advisory work.
She has experience in a wide range of corporate and commercial matters and has acted in many high profile Kenyan and international merger transactions, business and asset transfers, joint venture transactions and private equity transactions as well as corporate and commercial advisory work.
She graduated with a Bachelor of Laws (LLB) degree from University of Nairobi and has a Postgraduate Diploma from the Kenya School of Law. She is also a Certified Secretary.
Jane is a member of the Law Society of Kenya and is admitted as an advocate of the High Court of Kenya.
- Preparing the debt conversion agreements, various corporate approvals, notices of intention and public announcements, deeds of termination and deeds of variation in respect of the Kenya Airway’s debt and equity capital restructuring.
- Acting for Orient Bank Limited, a bank in Uganda, in the sale of its majority shares to I&M Holdings PLC.
- Conducting due diligence and drafting the red flag due diligence reports on the re-organisation of HF Group PLC and its subsidiaries and the merging of NIC Bank and Commercial Bank of Africa Limited.
- Acting for AfricInvest, a private equity firms in the acquisition of a minority stake in Prime Bank Limited.
- Acting for Unga Group in the joint venture between Unga Group and Nutreco International B. V. to expand their animal nutrition footprint in East Africa.
- Acting for Ensvalley Bakery Limited in the sale of bakery business to BigCold Kenya Limited.
- Acting for Brenntag (Holding) B.V.’s in its acquisition of chemical distributor Desbro (Kenya) Limited. Brenntag (Holding) B.V. is a unit of Brenntag Group, a chemical distributor headquartered in Essen, Germany.
- Drafting of the business and asset transfer agreement and the portfolio agreement for the transfer of the general insurance business of Allianz Insurance Company of Kenya Limited to Jubilee General Insurance Limited (Jubilee Kenya) and the amalgamation of such general business with that of Jubilee Kenya.
- Advising Saham Assurance Company Kenya Limited and MUA Insurance (Kenya) Limited in the transfer of the general and long-term insurance business of Saham Assurance Company Kenya Limited to MUA Insurance (Kenya) Limited and Sanlam Life Insurance Limited respectively and the amalgamation of such general business with that of MUA Insurance (Kenya) Limited.
- Acting for GridX Duara Holdings, a leading Pan-African commercial and industrial solar and distributed energy financier, in its injection of USD 7 million investment into Two Rivers Power Company Limited.
- Acting for Adenia Partners, a private equity firm investing in Africa, in its acquisition of a majority stake in Altilands SA, the parent company of Red Lands Roses, a leading grower of premium fresh-cut roses in Kenya.
- Acting for Kibo Capital Partners in its investment in Blowplast Limited, a leading producer of plastics packaging solutions in Kenya.
- Acting for Kansai Plascon Africa Limited in the purchase of shares in the Sadolin group of companies.
- Acting for Star Bright Holdings Limited in its acquisition of the entire issued share capital of Carzan Flowers (Kenya) Limited.
- Advising various international clients in connection with their setting up of businesses in Kenya and procuring the relevant regulatory licences.