- Publications & Insights
Jon is a senior lawyer in our Nairobi office (qualified as a solicitor of the High Courts of England and Wales) and is a member of the General Finance department.
Jon has extensive experience acting on a broad range of acquisition finance, corporate refinancing, real estate financing and restructuring transactional and advisory work for both lenders and borrowers (with a particular focus on advising private equity sponsors).
He has advised several leading private equity houses, large corporates and infrastructure investors. He has also practiced as an in-house counsel for a major global private markets investor, having responsibility for their direct lending funds and CLOs, and has completed secondments at two leading private equity houses.
Jon has an MA in Jurisprudence from St John’s College, Oxford University and completed the Legal Practice Course at Oxford Institute of Legal Practice.
*Prior to joining Bowmans
- Apera (unitranche debt provider) and Santander UK plc in connection with facilities made available to Halo Foods (backed by Peak Rock Capital).
- ITRS (backed by TA Associates) in connection with a refinancing of its facilities.
- TA Associates on their acquisitions of (i) Old Mutual Wealth’s single strategy asset management business, (ii) Netrisk Group, (iii) Gong Cha, (iv) Auction Technology Group, and (v) Priority Software.
- TA Associates on its TA Associates on its strategic reinvestment in The Access Group alongside new investor Hg
- Macquarie Bank Limited in connection with making available facilities to, and taking a significant equity stake in, Energetics.
- Phoenix Private Equity on facilities to support its acquisition of Nexus Vehicle Hire.
- Partners Group in connection with a restructuring of Bartec (whilst in house)
- Bridgepoint Development Capital on facilities to support its acquisition of PEI media and its acquisition and subsequent disposal of LOC Group.
- August Equity on facilities to support its acquisitions of Zenergi and Charterhouse Voice & Data.
- Basalt Infrastructure Partners on facilities to support its take private of Manx Telecom.
- Wightlink (backed by Basalt Infrastructure Partners) on a refinancing of its facilities.
- Zegona plc on financing the open market acquisition of shares in Euskaltel
- The Harbinger Group on the financing of its acquisition of The Store Room Limited and the acquisition of certain freehold property sites
- Molo Tech Limited on its forward flow mortgage financing.