Jonathan Singh is a senior associate in the Corporate department of our Johannesburg office, and a member of the mergers and acquisitions practice.
He has four years’ experience in corporate law having worked on public and private M&A and general corporate/commercial matters in the mining, infrastructure and industrials sectors. His current practice focuses on public M&A and equity capital markets transactions.
Jonathan completed his Bachelor of Business Science Honours (Economics and Law) and Bachelor of Laws at the University of Cape Town. He was on the Dean’s Merit List and served as President of the Law Students’ Council.
- Advising ATON GmbH in relation to its unrecommended takeover bid for Murray & Roberts Holdings Limited for approximately ZAR 4.25 billion.
- Advised Harmony Gold Mining Company Limited as purchaser in relation to its acquisition of the Moab Khotsong and Great Noligwa mines from AngloGold Ashanti Limited for approximately USD 300 million.
- Advising Harmony Gold Mining Company Limited in relation to its equity capital raise of approximately USD 100 million.
- Advised subsidiary of Datatec Limited, Logicalis Group, as purchaser in relation to its acquisition of Packet Systems Indonesia for approximately USD 7 million.
- Advising French investor in relation to its ZAR 450 million investment in a South African FTTX company.
- Advised ETG Group Limited as seller in relation to the partial acquisition by Japanese-listed Mitsui & Co., Ltd. for approximately USD 265 million.
- Advised ENX Group Limited on its ZAR 7.8 billion takeover of Eqstra Holdings Limited industrial equipment, fleet management and logistics businesses.
- Advised Balwin Properties Limited on its ZAR 1.5 billion acquisition of the development rights over 232 hectares of Johannesburg’s Kyalami and Waterfall node.
- Advised Consolidated Infrastructure Group Limited on its ZAR 750 million acquisition of Conlog Proprietary Limited.
- Advised Discovery Holdings Limited on general domestic regulatory compliance.