- Publications & Insights
Julia Power is a partner in our Johannesburg office Banking & Finance department.
She specialises in commercial property and property finance. Julia advises on various aspects of commercial property law, property development, property finance and conveyancing matters. Her experience extends to general corporate and commercial matters, including the drafting of development and acquisition facilities, security documents, commercial leases, sale of business involving immovable property, notarial deeds, as well as due diligence reports.
She has B.Com and LLB degrees from the University of Cape Town and has been admitted as a Conveyancer.
- Acting for the Lender in relation to the financing of the development of a retail centre in Thohoyandou, Limpopo.
- Acting for a property developer in various transactions relating to the development of retail centre in Thohoyandou, Limpopo.
- Acting for the lender in relation to the financing of the development of a shopping centre in Gauteng;
- Acting for Old Mutual Life Assurance Company South Africa in the development of commercial property in Gauteng.
- Various conveyancing relates transactions, including bond cancellations, cessions of bonds, registration of leases.
- Alexander Forbes Group Holdings Limited
- Puma Energy, advised on the disposal and acquisition of various African real estate
- City of Cape Town, advised on the conclusion of a development lease of a Heritage building;
- South African Breweries (SAB)
- Rand Merchant Bank Limited, act as advisor on various property finance related transactions and assisted in all conveyancing matters;
- Royal Bafokeng Nation
Ranked by Legal 500 in 2020 as a Rising Star and as a Next Generation Lawyer in 2019 for Real Estate.