- Publications & Insights
Julie is the head of our Pharmaceutical and Healthcare sector Group.
Julie specialises in mergers and acquisitions, restructurings and corporate and commercial law with a specific (but not exclusive) focus on companies in the pharmaceutical and healthcare industry. She also regularly advises on pharmaceutical regulatory matters such as medicine pricing (including in relation to the single exit price, logistics fees, data fees and other fees), the supply and distribution of, and the marketing and advertising of, medicines, medical devices and complementary medicines, clinical trials and related matters. Julie has experience working on cross-border matters in various African jurisdiction including Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania and Mozambique.
Julie has a B -Com LLB from Stellenbosch University, an LLB from the University of Cape Town and Certificates in Advanced Company Law I and II from the University of the Witwatersrand. In 2008, Julie went on secondment to Herbert Smith’s London office for six months.
Publications & Insights
- South Africa: The regulation of complementary medicines
- Vaccine gap exposes opportunities and challenges for pharma in Africa
- Regulation of medical devices is set to become a reality in SA
- Be aware of the legal risks of joining the ‘great green gold rush’
- Legal update – top things to know from the South African President’s 2020 SONA
- Healthtech could make headway in fixing broken healthcare
- General regulations to the Medicines and Related Substances Act, 1965
- Medicines and Related Substances Amendment Acts come into force