- Publications & Insights
Jutami Augustyn is a senior associate in our Johannesburg office Corporate Department.
She focusses primarily on private and public mergers and acquisitions and has more recently started specialising in private equity mergers and acquisitions. Jutami’s experience extends to advising a diverse range of leading corporates on the various elements of domestic and cross-border transactions, corporate and commercial matters, broad-based black economic empowerment and corporate governance issues.
She has BAcc and LLB degrees from Stellenbosch University and is admitted as an attorney and notary public of the High Court of South Africa.
- Counsel to Reunert Limited in relation to its acquisition of shares in General Cable Corporation’s Zambian operations.
- Counsel to Shanduka Group and its majority shareholders in relation to the restructuring of Shanduka Group, which included the exit by Mr. Cyril Ramaphosa of his business interest in Shanduka and a merger with Pembani Group.
- Counsel to BP plc in relation to its black economic empowerment transaction in terms of which two new BEE partners acquired 25% of the ordinary shares in the issued share capital of BPSA.
- Counsel to Imithi Investments, the black-economic empowerment partner in Aspen Pharmacare Holdings Limited, in relation to the partial unwind of its investments in Aspen and the restructure of its own shareholding structure.
- Counsel to a multinational advertising and public relations company in relation to various acquisitions, disposals and restructurings within South Africa. The more recent matters include advising them on the acquisition of a majority stake in n a digital, mobile and social media strategy company in South Africa and the acquisition of preferential shares in one of its subsidiaries.