Kate Peter is a senior associate in the Corporate Department of our Johannesburg office, and a member of the Private Equity practice.
She has practiced in Private Equity and Mergers and Acquisitions, with experience in the South African market and in Africa more generally.
Kate has experience in both upstream (i.e., fund formation, fund-of-funds work and co-investment transactions) and downstream (acquisitions and disposals of investments) private equity work. Kate has also gained cross-border experience working as a secondee in our Kenyan office.
She holds Bachelor of Social Science and Bachelor of Laws degrees from the University of Cape Town.
- Assisted on a private equity house’s disposal of its investment in a fruit exporter.
- Assisted with the establishment of a private equity fund focussed on Sub-Saharan investments in the energy industry.
- Assisted a private equity house with its disposal of its investment in an FMCG company incorporated in Nigeria.
- Assisted on Phatisa’s acquisition of Torre Industries Limited’s subsidiary Kanu Equipment Limited.
- Assisted Convergence Partners investment in South African technology company, Snapt.