- Publications & Insights
Kirsten is an Associate in our Johannesburg office, and a member of the Dispute Resolution Practice.
She has experience in arbitrations as well as Court proceedings before various Courts in South Africa and other African countries. Her areas of practice include corporate commercial disputes, contractual and delictual claims, urgent applications, and both trial and motion proceedings.
She is an admitted Attorney of the High Court, and is currently studying towards being enrolled as a Solicitor of the Courts of England and Wales.
Kirsten has an LLB degree (with distinction) from the University of Pretoria.
- Advised South Africa’s largest brewery in urgent proceedings to halt unlawful trade unionist activities which were preventing the day-to-day running of the client’s business.
- Advised a London-based multinational bank on litigation instituted by a Tanzanian government agency seeking payment under a disputed demand guarantee document.
- Advised one of the friends of the court, on a pro bono basis, in motion proceedings to determine the legality and enforceability of Muslim religious marriages.
- Advised a subsidiary of a JSE-listed group in respect of litigation regarding multi-million Rand losses occasioned by misuse of its ATM software.
- Advised an international social media holding company in respect of a cross-border rights-enforcement project.