Krissy is a Forensic Investigator and a member of the Governance, Compliance and Investigations team located in the Bowmans Pretoria office.
Krissy started her career as a conveyancing paralegal at Chapman Dyer Inc for 4 years. In 2008, she joined Webber Wentzel as a legal assistant for 2 years, where she gained experience in the Competition Department, Dispute Resolution Department, Insurance and Legal Liability Department, Mining, Natural Resources and Environmental Law as well as the Corporate Affairs (Events) Department. She thereafter worked as the Premises and Project Coordinator providing direct assistance to the Head of Operations and the COO. In November 2011, she joined the Dispute Resolution Department at Bowmans as a legal secretary, where she gained extensive experience in Litigation, Commercial Arbitration, High Court and Appeal Court as well as Dispute Resolution matters held before the Health Professions Council of South Africa.
Krissy’s experience of 3+ years (forensic) makes her level “Associate” as per the AGSA fee structure.
Krissy obtained a Higher Certificate in Criminal Justice and Forensic Investigations from the University of Johannesburg). She is also studying towards a degree in Forensic Science and Technology from the University of South Africa).
- Krissy’s experience includes providing legal secretarial assistance to the Bowmans litigation team during the Arms Procurement Commission;
- From January 2015 to 2017 she provided legal secretarial assistance carried out into Forensic Investigations on members of the largest Ponzi schemes in South African;
- Further experience from April 2018 was gained in respect of fraud and investigation when she assisted the Bowmans Dispute Resolution and the Governance, Compliance and Investigation team with the investigation into various caterers accused of not complying with religious requirements.
- In the capacity of an analyst and investigator, Krissy has worked on the following:
- Internal compliance review of IT service provider contracts of a financial institution.
- The Supply Chain Management investigations into a State Owned Enterprise from October 2018 to present;
- Conducting personal and business background searches on XDS (Xpert Decision Systems).
- Compiling profiling reports for relevant parties under investigation whilst obtaining and including the following information:
- Personal information;
- Background searches;
- Credit Bureau information;
- Evidence found through investigation; and
- Risks identified.
- Financial surveillance investigation as well as compiling asset reports on various directors of an international retail company accused of corporate fraud.
- Affiliate member of the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners South Africa Chapter (Number 91)