- Publications & Insights
Lance Fleiser is a partner in our Johannesburg office M&A Practice.
He specialises in share and asset/business acquisitions and disposals, black economic empowerment transactions, shareholder and joint venture arrangements, listings of companies on the JSE, the structuring and implementation of takeover bids of public companies, JSE and Takeover Panel requirements, the establishment of employee share-incentive schemes and the raising of preference share and debt funding (including acquisition and working capital financing facilities).
Lance has advised on a number of large South African corporates’ matters.
He has B.Com and LLB degrees from the University of the Witwatersrand.
Transactions in which he has acted as advisor include:
- Northam Platinum’s black economic empowerment transaction with employees, communities and strategic partners;
- the acquisition by Trans Hex of the Namaqualand mine from De Beers;
- the disposal by Sappi of its Usutu, Cape Kraft and Enstra operations;
- the acquisition by Mvelaphanda Resources of a 15% interest in the South African assets of Gold Fields;
- the merger between Bestfoods and Robertsons Foods;
- the listing of Telkom on the JSE and New York Stock Exchange;
- transactions pursuant to acquisition by Casinos Austria of a stake in Gold Reef Casino Resorts;
- creation of Stanlib by Liberty Group and Standard Bank;
- Rothschild South Africa’s black economic empowerment transaction;
- Bytes Technology Group’s black economic empowerment transaction with Kagiso;
- the offer by CFR Pharmaceuticals to acquire Adcock Ingram, including the restructuring of Adcock’s relationship with its black economic empowerment partners;
- Tongaat Hulett’s black economic empowerment transaction with employees, communities and strategic partners;
- the acquisition by Northam Platinum of the Booysendal platinum mine from Anglo Platinum;
- the merger of Mvelaphanda Holdings and Rebserve.