- Publications & Insights
Lauren Turner is a senior associate in the Dispute Resolution Department in our Durban office and a member of the litigation practice. Lauren joined Bowman’s Dispute Resolution Department in August 2014 .
She specialises in litigation in both the High Court and the Magistrate’s Court which includes Insurance, Commercial, Corporate and Constitutional litigation. Lauren’s experience includes conducting due diligence investigations for clients, project management, medical malpractice law, drafting of various commercial agreements and standard terms and conditions. In the Insurance industry, her insurance experience includes professional indemnity, product liability, public liability and subrogated recoveries and defences.
Lauren also works with non–profit organisations in relation to public interest law. Lauren has been involved in high profile high court cases where she has worked as a team with voluntary organisations and non – profit organisations to provide legal assistance to individuals, communities and social movements in South Africa.
Lauren graduated from the University of KwaZulu -Natal (Durban) with a LLB degree and was admitted as an attorney in 2013. She is a member of The Maritime Law Association of South Africa, The Association of Woman in Insurance and The Institute of Chartered Shipbrokers.
- Representing attorneys and professional indmenity insurers to defend actions brought against them.
- Representing insurance companies and their insureds in subrogated recovery claims.
- Project management and preparation of bid on proposed Durban Cruise Terminal.
- Lauren has been involved in the following reported cases:
- Mchunu and 38 Others v. The Executive Mayor, Ethekwini Municipality and 5 Others 2013 (1) SA 555.
- X-Moor Transport CC v Richter 2014 JDR 0558 (KZP).
- MEC for Human Settlements and Public Works of Province of KwaZulu-Natal v Ethekwini Municipality 2015 JDR 1700 (KZD).