- Publications & Insights
Lynet Mwangi is an associate in the corporate commercial department of our Nairobi Office.
She specialises in tax law, corporate matters and corporate secretarial matters.
Lynet has previous experience advising local, regional and international clients on diverse aspects of tax including setting up, annual compliance, restructuring and other regulatory compliance. She has advised clients in financial services, energy, manufacturing and the telecommunications sector.
Lynet has a Bachelor of Laws (LLB) from the University of Nairobi, Postgraduate Diploma from the Kenya School of Law and is a qualified certified public accountant and certified secretary. Lynet has previously worked in the tax department of a Global Professional Services Firm.
* Experience joined prior to joining Bowmans
- Supported clients undergoing KRA audits especially in the pre-assessment dealings with the KRA to resolve audit issues and avert the raising of tax assessments .
- Advised entities in the financial services, technology and manufacturing sectors on the tax and regulatory implications of setting up, restructuring and de-registering entities in Kenya.
- Supported Financial due diligence teams to conduct tax due diligence in buy side/sell side transactions for clients in Ethiopia.
- Conducted tax health checks and annual tax compliance for clients in the energy, manufacturing, and telecommunications sector.
- Assisted clients in lodging applications for Private Rulings at the KRA, so as to obtain KRA’s interpretation of contemplated transactions, as well as concluded transactions
- Provided ad hoc tax advice on tax queries raised by clients such as digital service taxes, culmination of permanent establishments, service level agreements and transfer pricing.