Mantsebo Lekgetho is an Investigations Manager in our Dispute Resolution Department and a member of the Corporate Investigations Practice.
After starting her career as a prosecutor for the National Prosecuting Authority in 2005, she was recruited as a Senior Legal Advisor for Combined Private Investigations, SA in April 2011. Between 2014 and 2017 she served as a Manager in the Fraud Investigations and Dispute Services at Ernst and Young before joining Bowmans in 2017.
Mantsebo’s experience of 13+ years makes her level “Director/Partner” as per the AGSA fee structure. Her proposed rate to the FSCA is significantly discounted at “Manager (Investigations)” level.
She holds BCom Law and LLB degrees and was admitted as an Advocate in the Free State bar of Advocates from 2008.
Mantsebo specialised in the Public Sector Industry where she conducted investigations relating to procurement irregularities (conflict of interest, collusive tendering and non-compliance) for government departments, provincial government departments, municipalities and public entities.
She managed various investigations conducted for National Government Departments, Provincial Government Departments, Municipalities and Public Entities into fraud and corruption as well as contraventions of:
- Public Finance Management Act;
- Treasury Regulations;
- Municipal Finance Management Act;
- Municipal Supply Chain Management Regulations;
- Municipal Systems Act;
- Supply Chain Practice Notes;
- Prevention and Combatting of Corrupt Activities Act;
- Public Service Act;
- The Code of Conduct for Public Service; and
- Client specific Supply Chain Management policies and procedures.
Her investigative experience includes:
- Municipal Entity: Investigation into alleged irregularities and Nepotism at Capricorn District Municipality;
- Municipal Entity: Investigation into potential irregularities identified at Capricorn District Municipality related to Water Service Infrastructure Grant.
- Investigation into allegations of misappropriation of funds and other irregularities identified at SAMWU;
- Municipality Entity: Investigation into three awarded contracts at Johannesburg Water.
- Municipal Entity: Investigation into alleged splitting of invoices on a contract awarded by City Power.
- Provincial Department: Investigations into various allegations in various schools, investigations includes amongst others.
- Manipulation of procurement processes at Mafikeng Local Municipality;
- National Department: Perform a forensic investigation into a procurement process followed in appointing a project implementer and analysis actual expenditure compared to budgeted expenditure.
- Public Entity: Investigation into alleged irregularities in the process of renewal/re-issue of permits SABS.
- Media Development & Diversity Agency: Investigation into alleged misconduct by a supply chain manager officer at MDDA
- National Department: Investigation into irregularities/ maladministration with regard to the acquisition of land at the Department Human Settlement.
- Municipality: Investigation into fraudulently issued cheques submitted by third parties to pay for municipal services at City of Johannesburg.
- Municipality: Verification on certain competencies and qualifications Ekurhuleni Metropolitan Municipality.
- Provincial Department: She performed various forensic investigations into various allegations, which included, amongst others, misappropriation of funds, conflict of interest, irregularities in the recruitment processed and fraud, irregular appointment of staff at Gauteng Department of Education.
- Provincial Department: Forensic investigation into possible procurement irregularities, fraudulent, corrupt and other irregular conduct in relation to the implementation of the foodbank programme by the Non-Profit Organisations at Gauteng Department of Social Development.
- Experience in Forensic & Business Intelligence (or probity searches), which includes:
- Background information;
- CV verification;
- Directorship and shareholding information;
- Deeds information;
- Default information;
- Criminal information (with consent);
- Forensic investigations; and
- Litigation and Research.
- Admitted advocate of the High Court of SA; and
- Affiliate member of the ACFE SA Chapter.