Mary is an associate in our Nairobi office in our Banking and Finance Department.
Her areas of specialty include capital markets, securities law, corporate and commercial law, capital markets, banking securities, commercial real estate and conveyancing.
She is an Advocate of the High Court of Kenya and a member of the Law Society of Kenya.
Mary holds a LLB degree from Kenyatta University and a Post Graduate diploma from the Kenya School of Law.
Ongoing advice to various large commercial banks in relation to securities documentation for due diligence purposes and the realisation of various securities.
The banks include:
- Commercial Bank of Africa;
- Bank of Africa Limited;
- Guardian Bank Limited;
- Guaranty Trust Bank; and
- Equity Bank Limited.
- Advised CDC Group Plc on the acquisition of approximately 10.68% stake in I&M Holdings Limited by CDC Group Plc.
- Advised NIC Group Plc on the proposed re-organisation of its group structure to result in a structure having a non-operating holding company holding interests in all of NIC’s banking and non-banking subsidiaries.
- Advised Edifice Limited on the development of Stealth Apartments.
- Advised a client on the issue of a short term commercial paper through private placement.