- Publications & Insights
Maurice Manani Muma is an associate in our Nairobi office and a member of the Corporate Commercial and Tax Department.
He specializes in Tax Litigation and Tax compliance. He has advised clients and represented their interests regarding disputes in the fields of Tariff Classification, VAT, Customs, Withholding Tax, International Tax, Corporate Law as well as Income Tax Exemption Services. He has provided services to clients in Oil and Gas, Manufacturing, Information Communication and Technology Industries among others.
Maurice is an Advocate of the High Court of Kenya and a member of the Law Society of Kenya.
He graduated with a Bachelor of Laws (LLB) (Hons) from Jomo Kenyatta University of Agriculture and Technology (KAREN) and has a postgraduate Diploma from the Kenya School of Law.
- He has represented the Interests of Individuals and companies on various tax matters at the Court of Appeal, High Court of Kenya and the Tax Appeals Tribunal. He has represented clients in the manufacturing sector with regard to challenging the Kenya Revenue Authority (“KRA”) Tariff Classification.
- He has represented clients in the manufacturing and solar industry for release of their products from the port through engagement and negotiation with the KRA.
- He has assisted clients on lifting of Agency Notices through lodging of Application of Stay at the High Court, Tax Appeals Tribunal and obtaining Orders lifting the Agency Notices and unfreezing the clients bank accounts.
- He has assisted client clients in applying for amendment of records on I-Tax and engaged the KRA to implement the same.
- He has assisted clients in lodging applications for Private Rulings at the KRA to ascertain KRA’s treatment of transactions as well as other matters.
- He has assisted clients in preparation and lodging of Applications of Review of KRA’s decision.
- He has also assisted clients in preparation and lodging of Objection Decisions in opposition to KRA’s Tax Decision and demand.
- He has assisted local and multinational companies on engaging and negotiating with the KRA on various matter.