Michael is an associate in our Nairobi office in the Banking and Finance Department.
His areas of specialty include capital markets and securities law, corporate and commercial law and conveyancing.
Michael has over 3 years’ post qualification experience. He is an Advocate of the High Court of Kenya, and a member of the Law Society of Kenya and the Institute of Certified Public Secretaries of Kenya.
He holds a LLB degree from the University of Nairobi and a Post Graduate diploma in Legal Practice from the Kenya School of Law.
- Advising Mayfair Bank Limited (in formation) on its application for a banking license from Central Bank of Kenya.
- Advising Barclays Bank PLC, JP Morgan Chase Bank, N.A. London Branch, UBS Switzerland AG and Goldman Sachs Bank USA on the finance facilities consisting of EUR 660 million and a revolving credit facility in the aggregate amount of CHF 110 million advanced to Swissport Group S.À R.L., Swissport Group (USA) LLC, Swissport Investments S.A. and Swissport International AG.
- Advising Britam Holdings Limited on the proposed investment of approximately USD 35 million by the International Finance Corporation (IFC).
- Advising NIC Group PLC on the re-organisation of its group structure to result in a structure having a non-operating holding company holding interests in all of NIC’s banking and non-banking subsidiaries.
- Advising a listed financial services company on the proposed acquisition by a consortium represented by a private equity fund of an equity stake in the client by way of subscription for newly issued ordinary shares.
- Advised Plum LLP (a special purpose vehicle set up by an existing shareholder of Britam Holdings Limited) on the acquisition of 23.34% of the total issued shares of Britam Holdings Limited, a public company listed on the Nairobi Securities Exchange Limited, from the Government of Mauritius.
- Advised CDC Group Plc on the acquisition of approximately 10.68% stake in I&M Holdings Limited.