- Publications & Insights
Miles Carter is a partner in our Johannesburg office Dispute Resolution Department.
He specialises in all aspects of commercial dispute resolution, including general commercial litigation and arbitration, and insurance disputes. Miles acts for a variety of clients in High Court, Appeal Court and arbitration cases. He acts both for and against insurance companies and has represented different medical indemnity organisations.
His expertise is recognised by Chambers Global (Dispute Resolution).
He is a former chairperson of the Johannesburg Attorneys Association and is a Council Member of the Law Society of the Northern Provinces.
Miles has BA and LLB degrees from the University of KwaZulu-Natal.
- Assisted National Prosecuting Authority in major white collar criminal prosecution lasting nearly 10 years, working closely with revenue and Reserve Bank authorities
- Represented Department of Defence before the Seriti Commission of Enquiry into the Strategic Defence Procurement Packages
- Chambers and Partners, 2018 ranked Miles in Band 4 for Dispute Resolution.
- Miles was recognised by Who’s Who Legal 2018 in the categories Legal Aviation: Contentious; Business Crime Defence: Individuals; and Asset Recovery:
- Recognised by Best Lawyers 2017 for Arbitration and Mediation, Insurance Law and Litigation.
- Chambers and Partners 2017 ranked Miles in Band 4 for Dispute Resolution.
- Legal 500 2017 lists Miles as a recommended lawyer for Dispute Resolution.
‘Miles Carter is highly regarded for his impressive track record in high-profile commercial disputes. Commentators agree that he is “an excellent litigator.”’ – Chambers and Partners 2017
‘Miles Carter is recognised for his activity in the public sector. He represents various medical indemnity organisations and has a strong blue-chip client base.’ – Chambers and Partners 2016