Mohammed Azad Saib is a Senior Associate in the Banking and Finance department of our Johannesburg office, and a member of the Finance practice.
He has experience in a range of debt capital market related transactions and assisted and advised national and international investment banks, corporate clients and SOE’S on debt capital market related transactions. These include Programme Establishments/Programme Updates and Notes issuances in relation to listings on the JSE (South Africa), NSX (Namibia) and BSE (Botswana); liaising with regulators and auditors including but not limited to the JSE Limited, Strate Proprietary Limited and the Namibian Stock Exchange.
Mohammed advised South African Issuers and Guarantors on the SA Law aspects in terms of Rule 144 and Reg S bond offerings.
Mohammed has also worked at a leading UK law firm where he assisted and advised on Structured Products Programmes for a number of leading financial institutions. Mohammed has advised on a number of structured products offerings including a wide array of underlying assets such as equities and indices. He has also acted as Issuer counsel on Programme Updates/establishments and notes issuances with respect to the UK and European Prospectus Regulation regime and listing requirements in England, Ireland, Luxembourg and the rest of Europe.
He holds a LLB (summa cum laude) from the University of Kwa-Zulu Natal.
- Advised the Initial Purchasers in connection with a high yield bond (Reg S/ Rule 144) offer of USD 1. 05 billion listed on the Irish Stock Exchange issued by Stillwater Mining and guaranteed by Sibanye Gold Limited.
- Advised BNP Paribas Arbitrage on the Issuance update of the inward listed BNP Paribas Arbitrage Issuance B.V. Note, Warrant and Certificate Programme Certificates in South Africa and the Goldman Sachs International update of the inward listed Goldman Sachs International Programme for the Issuance of Warrants, Notes and Certificates in South Africa.
- He has advised the City of Ekurhuleni Metropolitan Municipality on aspects relating to compliance with the Municipal Management Finance Act in relation to its issuance of a ZAR 1.3 billion Fixed Rate Amortising Note.
- Advised on a number of Domestic Medium Term Note Programmes, which include the programme establishment of Group Five Construction Limited, the programme update of the Mercedes-Benz South Africa Limited Note Programme and the Land and Agricultural Development Bank of South Africa Note Programme.
- Advised on several commercial paper and bond issuances, for entities such as Mercedes Benz South Africa Limited, Denel SOC Ltd, Land and Agricultural Development Bank of South Africa, Calgro M3 Developments Limited and Toyota Financial Services (South Africa) Limited.