- Publications & Insights
Muthoni is a Partner in our Nairobi office and a member of the Real Estate and Construction department.
Muthoni specialises in securities, property & conveyancing and general corporate & commercial law.
She also has experience in real estate financing and commercial leasing.
She is an advocate of the High Court of Kenya and a member of the Law Society of Kenya.
Muthoni holds a Bachelors Degree in Law (LLB) from the University of Nairobi and is a Certified Public Secretary.
- Acted for a not-for profit New York (US) based credit union in the set up and structuring of its mortgage programme in the Republic of Kenya;
- Acted for Commercial Bank of Africa Limited in respect of credit facilities to be made available to a local energy company to the value of USD 10,000,000;
- Acted for a US based international power/energy Firm in the acquisition of leasehold property rights for the purposes of setting up solar power sites within the Republic of Kenya;
- Acted for Industrial Development Corporation of South Africa Limited on a financing transaction to an established property development company to the value of USD 6,500,000;
- Acting for several commercial banks in the preparation and perfection of securities. These banks include Commercial Bank of Africa Limited, Kenya Commercial Bank Limited (now KCB Bank Kenya Limited), NIC Bank Limited and Standard Chartered Bank Limited; and
- Acted for the leading telecommunications mobile service provider in the preparation and registration of telecommunications base station sites within the Republic of Kenya.
Publications & Insights
- New Registration Process: Registry of Lands
- Land Regulations – now is the time to start using the new land forms!
- Various Land Regulations – when should we start using the new prescribed forms?
- New Land Regulations – Extension and Renewal of Leases
- Parliament extends the period for consideration and approval of Land Regulations and Wildlife Conservation Management Regulations by 6 months
- Kenya High Court extends time to allow parliament approve the new forms of Title Deeds and Leases