Nikita Reddy is a senior associate in our Cape Town office Employment & Benefits Practice.
She specialises in public and administrative litigation and dispute resolution and has been involved in a number of high-profile employment matters for major clients in both the private and the public law sphere. She regularly advises parastatals and major corporate clients on both public sector and private trade union recognition disputes, including court challenges to strikes and lock-outs. She also represents clients in a range of employment related disputes in the Labour Court, Labour Appeal Court and High Court. Her clients include parastatals, public entities and voluntary associations.
She has anLLB from the University of KwaZulu-Natal.
- Represented a national public entity in multiple urgent Labour Court proceedings, in various High Court matters relating to defamation and vicarious liability and review applications in the Labour Court
- Advised various international and local clients on restraint of trade agreements
- Drafted contracts of employment for a start-up business
- Advised public entities on PFMA compliance and employment law issues
- Represented major insurance companies in dismissal disputes and Labour Court review applications
- Assisted and advised a university in relation to student strikes, employment issues and tenders
- Provided administrative law advice to NGO’s
- Provided constitutional law advice to NGO’s and universities
- Represented a major parastatal in a range of employment matters, including urgent applications, strikes, unfair dismissals, labour – broker arrangements and contractual matters
- Provided advice on business transfers to major insurance companies and other clients