Njabulo Hlophe is a partner in the Corporate Department of our Johannesburg office and a member of our Mergers and Acquisitions Practice.
Njabulo has a special focus on corporate mergers and acquisitions (both public and private) as well as equity capital markets. He has advised on some significant transactions in the car rental, aviation, retail and petroleum industries.
In 2018 through to 2019, Njabulo practiced at leading U.S Law Firm, Kirkland & Ellis LLP.
Njabulo completed his LLB degree (cum laude) and Certificates in Advanced Company Law I and II, all with the University of the Witwatersrand.
Njabulo’s select experience includes advising:
- A consortium comprising Thesele Motors Proprietary Limited, Mortimer Motors Proprietary Limited and Hallmark Motors Proprietary Limited in relation to the acquisition of the entire issued share capital of Bidvest Car Rental Proprietary Limited (now Bluu Car Rental Proprietary Limited) from The Bidvest Group Proprietary Limited*.
- Comair Limited (in business rescue at the time) in relation to an equity raise for an aggregate amount of ZAR 500 million and the subsequent delisting of Comair Limited from the Johannesburg Stock Exchange*.
- The shareholders of Sorbet Proprietary Limited in relation to their disposal of the entire issued share capital of Sorbet Proprietary Limited to Long4Life Proprietary Limited in a transaction valued at ZAR 116 million*.
- Steinhoff International Holdings N.V. and it’s subsidiary, Ainsley Holdings Proprietary Limited, in relation to the sell-down by Ainsley Holdings Proprietary Limited of its shareholding in Pepkor Holdings Proprietary Limited, for an aggregate amount of ZAR 7.3 billion*.
- Glencore Energy UK Limited in relation to its acquisition of 75% of the equity and debt interests in Chevron South Africa Proprietary Limited and 100% of the equity and debt interest in Chevron Botswana Proprietary Limited in a transaction valued at USD 973 million*.
* experience gained prior to joining Bowmans
Njabulo attained the following accolades:
- African Legal Fellow, Cyrus R. Vance Centre, New York.
- Membership to the Golden Key International Honour Society.
- Awarded the Nadine Mann Memorial Prize for the most distinguished student and in recognition of his significant contribution to the work of the Wits Law School.
- Awarded the Administrative Law Merit Award for excellence.