Olivia is a senior associate in our Corporate department and a member of the Technology, Media and Telecommunications sector.
Olivia advises on a wide range of corporate and commercial transactions relating to technology, media, telecommunications and intellectual property, including:
- software licensing, development, implementation, support and maintenance;
- the build of fiber networks in African jurisdictions;
- intellectual property assignment and licensing;
- distribution and supply agreements;
- data protection agreements; and
- share sale and business sale transactions.
Olivia has a BSc degree in Marine Biology and Environmental and Geographical Sciences (with distinction), a BSc (Hons) degree in Zoology (in the first class) and a LLB degree (magna cum laude) from the University of Cape Town.
Olivia was part of the team that advised on the following matters:
- Advising National Treasury in relation to the Integrated Financial Management System program, a multi-billion rand project to integrate all government systems.
- Advising SABMiller in respect of SABMiller’s combination with Anheuser-Busch InBev, the 3rd largest M&A transaction ever in the world and the largest in South Africa.
Undertaking due diligence investigations in relation to technology, intellectual property, corporate and commercial matters generally, including: (i) the hive out of SABMiller’s ABI bottling division to create Coca-Cola Beverages Africa; and (ii) IRESS Limited’s acquisition of the intellectual property and all of the shares I-Net BFA