Olivia is a senior associate in our Corporate department and a member of the Technology, Media and Telecommunications sector.
Olivia advises international and local customers and suppliers on a wide range of commercial, corporate, technology, media, telecommunications and intellectual property transactions, including:
- services, distribution and agency arrangements;
- assignment and licensing of unregistered intellectual property;
- the supply of software, software-as-a-service and IT solutions, including licensing, development, implementation, support and maintenance;
- the establishment and operation of data centers and provision of co-location services; and
- share sale and business sale transactions and transitional services agreements.
Olivia has a BSc degree in Marine Biology and Environmental and Geographical Sciences (with distinction), a BSc (Hons) degree in Zoology (in the first class) and a LLB degree (magna cum laude) from the University of Cape Town.
Olivia was part of the team that advised on the following matters:
- Advising National Treasury in relation to the Integrated Financial Management System program, a multi-billion rand project to integrate all government systems.
- Advising SABMiller in respect of SABMiller’s combination with Anheuser-Busch InBev, the 3rd largest M&A transaction ever in the world and the largest in South Africa.
- Undertaking due diligence investigations in relation to technology, intellectual property, corporate and commercial matters generally, including: (i) the hive out of SABMiller’s ABI bottling division to create Coca-Cola Beverages Africa; and (ii) IRESS Limited’s acquisition of the intellectual property and all of the shares I-Net BFA.
- Advising Wunderman Thompson in relation to a number of commercial transactions, as supplier.
- Advising SAB in relation to a number of commercial transactions, as customer.