- Publications & Insights
Perusha Pillay-Shaik is a partner in our Dispute Resolution Department and a member of the Corporate Investigations Practice.
Her experience ranges from general commercial matters to insolvency and liquidation matters. She has represented a London/ Johannesburg dual-listed coal mining company in a number of commercial disputes and has also assisted government parastatals, insurance and pharmaceutical companies with litigation. Perusha has also been appointed to the drafting committee to draft the Hindu Marriages Bill.
She is an accredited mediator having completed the Commercial Mediation Accreditation Programme with the Africa Centre for Dispute Settlement in association with the Stellenbosch University.
She has a LLB degree from the University of KwaZulu-Natal.
- Currently acting for the defendant in the largest class action matter in South Africa;
- Currently acting for the applicant in a large customs and excise matter against the Commissioner of the South African Revenue Services;
- Represented one of the largest African private hospital groups in a range of commercial disputes.
- Represented one of the country’s largest beverage manufacturers in commercial and contractual disputes across its range of operations.
- Represented the country’s largest building and facilities manager in a dispute relating to a terminated services contract with a large municipality.
- Represented a listed gold mining house in a dispute relating to lifetime funding of the medical aid requirements of its employees.
- Represented a London/Johannesburg dual-listed coal mining house in a number of commercial disputes.
- Finalist in 2016 at the African Legal Awards for Dispute Resolution Team of the Year;
- Finalist and highly commended in 2017 at the African Legal Awards for Dispute Resolution Team of the Year.