- Publications & Insights
Rainbow Field is a director at Coulson Harney LLP.
She specialises in mergers and acquisitions, mining, energy and resources, employment, joint ventures and business formation.
She has B.Com and LLB degrees from Murdoch University, Western Australia, where she is an admitted barrister and solicitor.
- Advised CBA on the transfer of employees following the proposed merger between CBA and the NIC Group PLC (listed on the Nairobi Securities Exchange) announced in December 2018.
- Advised a global non-governmental organisation with respect to an appeal raised by an executive employee who was summarily dismissed.
- Advising numerous clients on options available for redundancy during the COVID-19 crisis.
- Advised East African Breweries Limited (listed on the Nairobi Stock Exchange, and cross-listed on the Uganda Securities Exchange and Dar es Salaam Stock Exchanges) on the review and revision of its employee stock ownership plan documentation (unit trust) to ensure compliance with the Capital Markets Regulations.
- Advised Equity Bank Kenya Limited in relation to the establishment of an employee stock ownership plan (unit trust scheme) compliant with the Capital Markets Regulations.
- Advised Car and General (K) Limited, a listed company in the Nairobi Stocks Exchange on employee ownership schemes; preparing suitable ESOP documentation (unit trust scheme) and liaising with the regulatory authority (CMA).
- Advised a large commercial bank on the options available in relation to an employee stock ownership scheme for the bank; preparing all required documents and assisting with implementation (straight ESOP).
- Advised an independent investment bank licensed by the Capital Markets Authority on the implementation of an employee stock ownership plan; prepared documentation and provided continuing support with changes required to the ESOP (straight ESOP).
- Recognised as a Foreign Expert for Australia (2018) and ranked in Band 2 for Employment for three consecutive years (2018 – 2020) by Chambers and Partners.
- Named as one of IFLR1000’s Women Leaders for three consecutive years (2018 – 2020). Recognised as a highly regarded lawyer for Energy and Infrastructure, Project Development, Project Finance and M&A (2018) and in M&A (2019).
- Nominated by Who’s Who Legal as one of the leading practitioners in mining.
Rainbow Field maintains a strong advisory employment practice, supporting public and private companies with restructuring and redundancy implementation, executive terminations and contract drafting. She is increasingly active assisting with investigations into allegations of sexual misconduct, as well as advising on ESOPs and long-term incentive plans. Clients highlight her “professionalism, customer service, diligence and quick response time.” – Chambers and Partners 2020
Rainbow Field is the market leader in employee transfers and ESOPs. – Legal 500 2020
Rainbow Field enjoys a strong advisory employment practice, assisting public and private companies with large-scale redundancies, senior-level terminations and contract drafting. She is particularly skilled in the structuring of ESOPs and incentive plans, frequently acting for multinational clients operating in Kenya.
Rainbow Field continues to represent a number of Australian companies in corporate matters in Kenya and East Africa. Her expertise includes M&A and joint ventures and spans sectors such as mining and energy. Clients say: “She delivers a high-quality service.” – Chambers and Partners 2019
Publications & Insights
- FAQs for Kenyan employers on the COVID-19 (Coronavirus)
- COVID-19: Impact on Businesses and Investments in Kenya
- National Employment Authority Notice of 26 June 2019
- Petroleum Act, 2019 is now in force
- New Energy Act embraces Renewable Energy
- How populism is making its presence felt in mining
- Permit Verification and Registration Exercise Kicks Off
- Immigration Department introduces a raft of changes affecting work permits
- Kenya’s new mining act is a modern piece of legislation with a few issues to iron out