- Publications & Insights
Ryan Kitcat is a senior associate in our Corporate Department, and a member of the M&A practice area.
Ryan specialises in public and private M&A and general corporate and commercial law. He has advised JSE-listed and multinational clients on a variety of national and cross-border mandates. He has worked in particular in the energy & natural resources, education, mining, hospitality, and private security sectors. His expertise extends to B-BBEE transactions, corporate reorganisations, corporate governance, shareholder activism and takeovers.
In 2018, Ryan spent six months on a StrongerTogether secondment to the London office of Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer.
Ryan holds a BA and LLB degrees from the University of Cape Town and an LLM from the University of Florida, USA.
- ATON GmbH (Germany), on its proposed ZAR7.6 billion takeover of JSE-listed Murray & Roberts Holdings Limited
- DAZN Group (UK), and Access Industries on the reorganisation and separation of their Perform Content business involving 30 countries, prior to its disposal to Stats LLC
- HSS Hire plc (UK), on its disposal of UK Platforms to Loxam, a leading European equipment-rental group, a class 1 transaction under the Listings Rules of the London Stock Exchange
- Chevron Global Energy, Inc. (USA), on its sale of its assets in Chevron South Africa and Chevron Botswana for c. USD1 billion to a Glencore-backed BEE shareholder in Chevron South Africa, following its pre-emption of Sinopec Corp. (China)
- Marriott International, Inc. (USA), on its ZAR2.2 billion acquisition of the IP, hotel management and franchising business of the Protea Hotel Group, comprising 116 hotels in six countries in sub-Saharan Africa (M&A Team of the Year at the African Legal Awards in 2014)
Publications & Insights
- International Comparative Legal Guides: Corporate Governance 2020
- The Law Reviews: Corporate Governance Review, 10th Edition, South Africa Chapter
- The Chambers Global Practice Guide on Corporate M&A Trends and Developments, 2020 – South Africa Chapter
- The Shareholder Rights and Activism Review – Edition 4
- Euromoney Tax Handbook 2013