Sandile Ngema is an Investigations Manager in our Dispute Resolution Department and a member of our Corporate Investigations Practice.
Sandile has over 9 years’ experience conducting forensic investigations in both the public and private sector. Of the 9 years, 4 have been in a management role.
Sandile began his forensic career with an advisory services firm in 2011 as a junior consultant and was involved in high level investigations on behalf of the Financial Services Board, Transnet, Civil Aviation Authority, Council for Medical Schemes and the Arms Deal Commission to name but a few.
Sandile later joined a leading international audit, tax and advisory firm as a Forensic Consultant and was promoted to Senior Consultant within a year. While there, he managed successful investigations at Transnet, City of Johannesburg, various SETA’s and National Health Laboratory Service.
Sandile returned to the advisory services firm in a managerial role where he successfully carried out investigations at various clients which included:
- FASSET – which uncovered massive irregularities of over R300 million and led to the dismissal of the then CEO; and
- Transnet (TCP) – led to the dismissal of Executive level officials including the then Chief Executive.
In October 2017, Sandile left the advisory services firm and established his own company as a vehicle to outsource his skills as a trusted service provider to various entities. These included:
- Mazars Audit Services (Forensic Investigation and Report Preparation);
- Gauteng Department of Education (Forensic Investigation and Testifying in disciplinary proceedings);
- SM Xulu Advisory (Forensic Investigation and Report Preparation);
- Ubuntu Business Advisory and Consulting (Forensic Investigation and Report Preparation);
- Gauteng Department of Education (Forensic Investigation) – Direct appointment
- KnM Chartered Accountants (The National Home Builders Regulatory Council) (Forensic Investigation);
- Khulio Switchgear – Compliance and Due Diligence; and
- Ngidi Business Advisory JV with Grant Thornton/BDO (Gauteng Provincial Treasury) – Forensic Investigation and Report Preparation.
A selection of Sandile’s experience includes advising:
- Financial Services Board – Ponzi Scheme and Money laundering Investigation (value +R80 million)
- Transnet – (Capital Projects) Forensic Investigation were Executive level officials were dismissed based on our findings
- National Ports Authority – Procurement based investigations and Fraud
- Arms Procurement Commission – Forensic Accounting Services rendered
- South African Police Services – Forensic Accounting Services
- Eskom – Procurement based forensic investigations
- City of Johannesburg – Investigation revealed fraud which led to criminal charges
- Gauteng Provincial Treasury – On-going matter
- National Student Financial Aid Scheme – Irregular Expenditure
- Gauteng Department of Education – Various cases which led to the dismissal of GDE officials at schools and at head office
- The National Home Builders Regulatory Council – Irregular Expenditure
- Council for Medical Schemes – investigation revealed mass corruption and fraud. The medical scheme was placed under administration as a result of our investigation
- Lotteries Board – Investigation into NPO’s that received
- Affiliate member of the ACFE SA Chapter