- Publications & Insights
Sean Omondi is a partner in our Nairobi office.
He specialises in complex commercial and civil disputes and employment and labour matters. He regularly advises large commercial entities and non-governmental institutions on their employment policies, collective bargaining and on ensuring that redundancies and terminations are carried out in compliance with the law. He handles trade disputes on behalf of employers before the Industrial Court of Kenya and conciliators appointed by the Ministry of Labour. He also represents senior executives that have been unlawfully terminated from their employment.
Sean is a member of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (Kenya Branch). He is also an Advocate of the High Court of Kenya, a Certified Company Secretary, commissioner for oaths and notary.
- Chambers and Partners, 2018 ranked Sean in Band 4 for Dispute Resolution and in Band 2 for Employment law.
- Sean is recognised in Chambers Global 2016 and 2017 for Dispute Resolution.
- Legal 500 2017 lists Sean as a recommended lawyer for Dispute Resolution and Employment.
‘Sean Omondi is highly regarded’ – Legal 500 2017
‘Sean Omondi has a particular focus on employment and labour law. He handles a number of trade disputes and represents senior executives in unlawful dismissal cases. He is also active on commercial disputes and represented Japan Port Consultants in a dispute with the Kenyan Ministry of Transport.’ – Chambers and Partners 2017
Publications & Insights
- National Employment Authority Notice of 26 June 2019
- Investors hiring expatriates must demonstrate importance of skills
- Bring ‘hidden’ employee costs to light before the deal is done
- Seven employee concerns to look out for in African M&A deals
- Salient points of labour law in Kenya
- Africa Law & Business: ADR in Kenya