- Publications & Insights
Shakti Wood is a partner in our Johannesburg office and a member of the Competition Practice.
She specialises in merger control, behavioural competition matters, preparing exemption applications and conducting compliance reviews.
Shakti’s experience has been primarily regarding the South African Competition Act, but she also has experience of competition law in COMESA, Kenya and Zambia. Shakti has acted for clients across various sectors including food and beverages, agriculture, mining, pharmaceuticals and healthcare, petroleum and telecommunications.
Shakti has BCom Honours (Economics) and LLB degrees from the University of the Witwatersrand.
- Advised on the AB InBev/SABMiller matter which has been nominated for the Global Competition Review (GCR) Awards 2017 Matter of the year: Merger control, cartel, unilateral conduct, litigation or any other competition matter worldwide. Creative, strategic and innovative work by teams of in-house and external lawyers and economists.
- Shakti has been recognised by Who’s Who Legal 2019 as a Competition Future Leader in the Partners category in both 2019 and 2020.
- Recognised by Who’s Who Legal 2018 as a Competition Future Leader in the Non-Partners category.
- Listed in the Global Competition Review 2018 in the Senior Associates category.
- Recognised in Who’s Who Legal: Competition 2017- Future Leaders: Recognition of the foremost practitioners in this area aged 45 and under as at 31 December 2017.
Publications & Insights
- Antitrust Bulletin – Public Interest in Mergers: South Africa
- The Merger Control Review – Edition 10
- The Competition Amendment Bill, 2018 introduced in Parliament: National security considerations
- Getting The Deal Through: Intellectual Property & Antitrust 2018
- Getting the Deal Through: Intellectual Property & Antitrust 2017
- Chambers and Partners Merger Control 2016 : South Africa – Law & Practice
- The role of competition law in industrial policy
- Chambers Legal Practice Guides – Cartels 2015 South Africa chapter