- Publications & Insights
Shianee Calcutteea is a partner in our Mauritius office.
She specialises in corporate law, banking law, mergers and acquisitions, employment, compliance and regulatory.
Her experience has included advising on various sizeable M&A transactions, corporate restructurings, both local and cross border. She has developed significant experience in the mining industry through the deals she has advised on. Shianee also regularly advises on banking and cross-border financings. More recently, Shianee advised on the first crowdfunding platform in Mauritius.
Shianee has an LLB (Hons) from the University of Newcastle Upon Tyne, United Kingdom, and completed a Bar Professional Training Course at the University of the West of England, Bristol, United Kingdom.
*experience gained prior to joining Bowmans
- Acted as lead counsel in the advice and restructuring of Pamoja Farms and Pamoja Impact for the admission of new investors and spread of their investment.
- Acted as lead Mauritian counsel on the restructuring of Armada Exploration involved in the mining industry.
- Acted as lead Mauritian counsel on the sale of Spacial (Mauritius) Ltd. Also advised on the employment Commercial and Regulatory aspect of the deal.
- *Undertook the legal forensic investigation into a large asset management company for the financial regulatory authority.
- *Assisted the special administrators during the special administration of one of the largest conglomerates in Mauritius, and its related entities.
- Published in IFLR
- Contributed to “Doing Business” by the World Bank Group
- Member of the Mauritian Bar Association
- Member of the Honourable Society of Middle Temple, UK
- Accredited Civil-Commercial Mediator of the ADR Group, UK
- Registered as an MQA approved trainer
Publications & Insights
- Mauritius: Variable capital companies – another step towards enhancing the Mauritius international financial centre
- Africa: M&A in Key Jurisdictions – Bowmans report on current trends published
- Mauritius de-listed – the way forward
- The International Comparative Legal Guide: Foreign Direct Investment Regimes 2022 – Third Edition: East and Southern African Chapter
- Mauritius removed from the FATF grey list
- Mauritius: Overview of the 2021-22 Budget – Recovery, Revival and Resilience
- Mauritius: New Free Trade Agreement positions the country as a middleman between Asia and Africa
- Mauritius: Amendments to Competition Commission Guidelines in Relation to Mergers
- Competition Commission in Mauritius addresses collaboration among businesses in response to the pandemic
- Mauritian Anti-Money Laundering and Countering the Financing of Terrorism Handbook published