- Publications & Insights
Sibusiso Dube is a partner in the Dispute Resolution Department and a member of the Employment Practice Group and specialises in Employment, Benefits and Sports.
Sibusiso has acquired experience on a range of employment issues including, but not limited to, unfair dismissals, unfair employment practices including unfair discrimination on any grounds, collective labour law, employment equity, transfers of businesses, operational requirements, restraints of trade, incapacity and incompatibility, management of senior employees, and lifestyle audits. He has assisted in providing advice to a wide range of public and corporate clients on these topics. The other branch of his practice is employment law litigation. He has appeared in various forums on behalf of public and corporate clients in disciplinary enquiries, at the CCMA, Bargaining Councils and other dispute resolution forums, as well as the Labour Court.
Sibusiso has also acquired experience in chairing disciplinary enquiries; conducting investigations into, among others, allegations of racism; sexual harassment; mismanagement of employer funds and irregular/fruitless and wasteful expenditure and providing training on employment related topics with a focus on dismissals in general. He has further acquired experience in sports law with a focus on South African football law where he has represented professional clubs before the PSL Disciplinary Committee and Dispute Resolution Chamber.
Sibusiso holds BCom Law and LLB degrees from the University of Johannesburg.
- Pick n Pay Stores – CCMA equal pay disputes.
- Commission of Inquiry into State Capture – acted on behalf of witnesses providing evidence to the Inquiry.
- Barloworld Logistics – S197 transfer.
- Transnet SOC Limited – section 188A inquiry by Arbitrator in respect of a senior executive.
- Anglo American – policy review and drafting.
- Coca Cola Beverages South Africa – Labour Court review application.
- Transnet SOC Limited – lifestyle audit process.
- Anglo Gold Ashanti – investigation into allegations of bullying, racism and discrimination.
- Transnet SOC Limited – organizational rights dispute.
Publications & Insights
- South Africa: Bullying in the workplace – a form of discrimination which must be eliminated
- South Africa: Labour Court finds employer’s admission policy to be lawful and not a mandatory vaccination policy
- South Africa: Urgent Labour Court application to declare mandatory vaccination policy unlawful struck off the roll
- South Africa: CCMA finds that denying an employee access to the workplace for refusing to vaccinate constitutes a fair suspension
- To what extent does the #BLM movement have an impact on our South African legal framework when it comes to employers in the workplace?
- Does resigning in the face of disciplinary action ‘let you off the hook’?
- You’ve been subpoenaed!