- Publications & Insights
Simon is a patrtner in the Real Estate team of our Nairobi office.
His areas of practice include real estate, construction, conveyancing, conservancy law, mergers and acquisitions and banking. He has been previously recognised for outstanding service to clients by IFLR1000.
He has an LLB from the University of Nairobi, a Certificate of Trial Advocacy from the National Institute of Trial Advocacy USA in conjunction with Kenya School of Law, and a Postgraduate Diploma from the Kenya School of Law.
Simon has provided assistance in some of the firm’s landmark transactions, some of which include the following.
- Advising Old Mutual Property on their USD 64 million acquisition of a 50% stake in the Two Rivers Mall in Kenya.
- Advising Tatu City in the sale of 20 acres of industrial land in the Tatu City development to Chandaria Industries Limited worth more than USD 7.5 million for the construction of a facility estimated to cost more than USD 50 million once it is completed;
- Advising Tatu City in the sale of industrial land in the Tatu City development to ALP North Limited worth more than USD 7 million for the construction of an industrial and logistics facility on the land;
- Advising Tatu City in the sale of 20 acres of residential land in the Tatu City development worth more than USD 2 million to a group of local and foreign investors who specialize in low cost housing. Also advised Tatu City in the joint venture arrangements it entered with these investors;
- Advising on the sale by way of long term leases of an industrial user portion of Tatu City Industrial Park to Hangzhou Tianlong Steel Cylinders Limited, Civicon Limited, Bakpharm Limited and Vraj Limited;
- Advising Multi Choice in various construction law related aspects for the construction of an office block worth more than USD 8 million; and
- Advised Virgin Active on its leases over commercial space for operation of a gym in Nairobi’s Two Rivers Development and The Hub in Karen, Nairobi.
Legal 500 ranked Simon as a Rising Star for Real Estate and Construction in Kenya for two consecutive years (2020 and 2021).
“I must say the service provided was not only impeccable but they were able to meet our timeline deadlines,” – IFLR 1000, 2014