- Publications & Insights
Simone Izzard is a senior associate in our Cape Town office Corporate department and a member of the Mergers and Acquisitions practice.
She specialises in mergers and acquisitions and general commercial and corporate matters. Simone has experience in transactional work and due diligence investigations in South Africa and other African countries. She regularly advises clients on the prevailing company law in South Africa, on general commercial agreements and on all aspects of company administration and governance.
Simone has B.Com (Financial Accounting & Law) and LLB (cum laude) degrees from the University of Cape Town. Simone also recently completed a secondment with an international asset management group.
Some of the significant matters in which Simone has been involved over the course of her career at Bowmans are the following:
- advising SABMiller plc in respect of the combination of The Coca-Cola Company, SABMiller and Gutsche Family Investments’ (majority shareholders in Coca-Cola Sabco) bottling operations in Southern and East Africa to create Coca-Cola Beverages Africa;
- providing ongoing advice and assistance to Coca-Cola Beverages Africa group of companies in relation to its operations and activities in South Africa and across the African continent;
- advising VSNL SNO SPV, an affiliate of Tata Communications, on the disposal of shares in, and shareholder loan claims, against Neotel to Vodacom;
- advising on the M&A aspects of Alexander Forbes’ dual track (M&A and IPO) process which resulted in Alexander Forbes listing on the JSE;
- advising ODM/Top TV in relation to the corporate and commercial aspects of the four year business rescue of Top TV; and
- acting for Marsh in its multi-jurisdictional acquisitions of the insurance broking and risk services business of Alexander Forbes in South Africa, Namibia, Botswana, Malawi, Uganda and Zambia.