Simone is a Forensic Investigator in the firm’s Governance, Compliance and Investigations practice. She joined Bowmans in 2015, having previously obtained her Higher Certificate in Law through the University of South Africa. Simone completed her Bachelor of Laws (LLB) Degree in 2019. She is also completing her articles at the firm.
Simone has assisted in a variety of fraud and corruption investigations involving both international and domestic clients. Simone regularly assists in conducting investigative interviews and regularly reviews company and financial records. Her experience includes assisting with investigations into fraud and corruption. Some of that investigations in which she has been involved include:
- Payments of ZAR 25 billion (over 215,000 transactions) for a large financial institution;
- Investigations at government entities into allegations of whistle-blowing made against senior officials;
- Conflict of interest investigation, diligence screening and investigative profiling for a multi-national client on a corporate transaction involving entities in South Africa, the United Kingdom and Australia;
- Conducting an in-depth internal compliance and conflict of interest review in order to identify any conflicts of interests, potentially adverse associations and material non-compliance with policies and procedures for a large corporate internationally based company;
- Investigation into whistle-blowing complaints made against a senior executive at a statutory body created by Parliament;
- Conducting investigative profiling and link analysis exercises for various clients in relation to employee conflicts of interests and preparing evidence bundles for disciplinary proceedings;
- Investigation into social media profile created by an anonymous individual who leaked confidential client information;
- Developing investigative profiles and conducting compliance/reputational screenings for numerous corporate clients.
Simone has extensive knowledge in anti-bribery and corruption due diligences, lifestyle audits, compliance and reputational screenings and background searches. She is primarily responsible in the team for conducting anti-bribery and corruption due diligence screenings and developing investigative profiles.