- Publications & Insights
Sivuyise Lutshiti is a senior associate in our Corporate department and a member of the Competition practice.
He specialises in various aspects of competition law including mergers and behavioural matters and has experience across a broad range of business sectors and industries. He has assisted clients with cross-border mergers that require notification in South Africa and other African countries outside South Africa, including in COMESA. Sivuyise has also done a Secondment in the competition law department in our Kenya office. He spent a period of six months in Bowmans Kenya and while in Kenya, he assisted international and domestic clients with various aspects of Kenyan competition law, including mergers and behavioural matters.
Sivuyise has an LLB degree from the University of the Western Cape.
- Assisted one of the largest players in the aerospace and aircraft industry with a merger notification in COMESA.
- Assisted KKR & Co. L.P., from a Kenyan competition law perspective, in its acquisition of Boxer Parent Company Inc.
- Assisted KKR & Co. Inc., from a Kenyan competition law perspective, in its acquisition of Magneti Marelli S.p.A.
- Assisted Brenntag AG in its acquisition of the Desbro Group which is headquartered in Kenya, Nairobi. The transaction was notified in Kenya, COMESA and Tanzania.
- Assisted BSA International S.A.,from a Kenyan competition law perspective, in its acquisition of the Infant Nutrition Business of Aspen Pharmacare Holdings Limited.
- Appearing before the South African Competition Tribunal for approval of large mergers.
- Assisted various clients with a number of compliance and behavioural matters.
- Acted as local counsel to White & Case in relation to ADQ’s acquisition of Louis Dreyfus. In Africa, the transaction was notified in South Africa and COMESA, amongst others.
- Acted for a consortium of private equity buyers on the Angola, Nigeria and Tanzania aspects of their take-private of Aggreko Plc
- Acted as South African local counsel to Kirkland & Ellis in relation to SK Capital’s acquisition of the Clariant pigments business and the Heubach Group.
- Acting as South African local counsel to Arnold & Porter in relation to Thermo Fisher’s proposed acquisition of PPD.