- Publications & Insights
Stephanie is an English law qualified lawyer with over 15 years’ experience advising clients on the structuring, negotiation and delivery of infrastructure, construction and technology projects across a range of sectors including healthcare, telecommunications, energy, waste, mining and transport. Stephanie has advised investors, contractors and operators on projects in Africa, the Middle East and Europe. Previously a Partner in the London office of an international law firm and head of that firm’s Africa desk, Stephanie moved to South Africa in 2015 to focus on African infrastructure deals.
With strong project management skills and a track record of closing transactions on time and on budget, Stephanie is someone who likes to get deals done. She builds strong relationships across transactional teams, seeks balanced commercial outcomes and tightly manages timetables to ensure deadlines are met. One client commented that “Stephanie’s commitment to the project, her professionalism, in-depth knowledge of the subject area and legal issues was second to none”.
She has an LLB (Hons) degree from the University of Glasgow, a CPE and LPC (Commendation) from the College of Law in London and a Post Graduate Diploma in Project Finance from the University of Middlesex
Stephanie’s recent deal highlights include advising:
- a global LPG logistics provider in respect of the construction aspects of an agreement for the design, construction, operation and maintenance of facilities for the storage and handling of liquified petroleum gas in South Africa;
- a contractor in relation to EPC and O&M contracts relating to a major roads PPP programme in Kenya;
- a global shipping company in relation to the construction aspects of its bid for a concession to design, build and operate a new cruise terminal and related infrastructure in South Africa;
- in respect of EPC and O&M contracts relating to various solar projects within the South African REIPPPP programme; and
- a mining company in respect of a build, own, operate contract for minerals infrastructure in South Africa.