Tebogo Sibanyoni is a senior associate in the Corporate Department of our Johannesburg office, and a member of the M&A practice.
He has experience in a broad range of corporate and commercial transactions, such as advising local and foreign companies on aspects of corporate law, conducting due diligence investigations and drafting commercial agreements.
Tebogo joined Bowmans in 2015 as a candidate attorney and was promoted to Associate in 2017. He is an admitted attorney of the High Court of South Africa.
He has an LLB degree (cum laude) from the University of the Witwatersrand.
- Part of the core team that advised The South African Breweries Proprietary Limited in respect of acquiring two licenses from Diageo plc for the right to manufacture, distribute, market and sell certain alcoholic beverages and ready-to-drink Smirnoff products South Africa, Lesotho and eSwatini.
- Part of the core team that advised AB InBev, SAB and SAB Zenzele Kabili in respect of the unwind of the of AB InBev’s original B‑BBEE transaction (which launched in 2010 and matured in March 2020) delivering ZAR10 billion to its participants (the highest B-BBEE value creation in the FMCG industry to date), and the implementation of a new B-BBEE ownership transaction through a new scheme, SAB Zenzele Kabili, owning ZAR 5.4 billion worth of AB InBev shares. The implementation of the SAB Zenzele Kabili scheme included the listing of SAB Zenzele Kabili on the BEE Segment of the main board of the Johannesburg Stock Exchange.
- Part of the core team that advised AB InBev and its subsidiaries in relation to the disposal of the soft-drinks businesses of Zambian Breweries, Kgalagadi Breweries and Swaziland Beverages to The Coca-Cola Company. These constituted separate transactions in each of Zambia, Botswana and Eswatini (erstwhile Swaziland), respectively. As the lead associate on this matter, I was generally responsible for: (i) conducting and supervising the cross-jurisdictional due diligence investigations and facilitating the disclosure process in respect of each disposal; and (ii) drafting, negotiating and reviewing various transaction documents including a share purchase agreement.
- Part of the core team that advised the consortium of acquirers (including a black private equity fund) in respect of the purchase of Proconics Proprietary Limited, an engineering services firm, including the implementation of a debt push down structure in that regard.
- Part of the core team that advised private equity fund One Thousand & One Voices Management (Mauritius) (in a joint venture partnership with CrossFin Technology Holdings) on its acquisition of the Sybrin Group of companies (comprising Sybrin Limited (Guernsey) and Sybrin Systems Proprietary Limited and their subsidiaries) from EOH Mthombo Proprietary Limited (being one of Africa’s largest technology providers).
- Advised UK-based telecommunications company on its acquisition of a majority stake in a local telecommunications company which holds various telecommunications operational licenses.