Tshego is a Senior Investigations Manager in the firm’s Corporate Investigations practice.
He cut his teeth in forensics at Iliso Forensics a SMME forensic firm under the wing of the Executive Director, Mr Bongo Rulashe a former Senior Manager at EY. Tshego spent six (6) years at Iliso before joining EY in February 2011 as a Senior Associate. Tshego spent over nine years at EY and three of them as a Senior Manager.
Overall, Tshego has more than 17 years professional experience focused in forensic investigations.
The majority of his experience was obtained in the public sector. Whilst at EY, he was responsible for growing the Government and Public sector and leading forensic assignments across Southern Africa. He has recently joined Bowmans as a Senior Manager in November 2020.
Before 2011, Tshego was also involved in an anti-corruption initiative by COGTA to develop Fraud Prevention Plans and Policies as well as developing measures to address shortcomings identified in the supply chain policies and procedures of municipalities. Tshego has knowledge of the PFMA and MFMA and other legal prescripts.
Over his time in EY and Bowmans, Tshego has worked on government public sector and mining sector clients in both South Africa and Botswana including one international client in the tyre industry.
Tshego has the following skills: interviewing witnesses and suspects, taking of statements, conducting search and seizure, liaising with the law enforcement agencies and testifying in disciplinary hearings.
Some of the projects completed by Tshego include the following:
- Investigation into irregularities in the allocation of RDP houses;
- Investigation into irregularities and illegal practices around the processes of litigation in a province;
- Investigation into abuse of funds and missing property;
- Investigation pertaining to abuse of power, favouritism, nepotism and maladministration;
- Various procurement investigations including the changing of bid committee documents and irregular procurement processes followed in the award of suppliers and service providers;
- Performed quality reviews on investigations conducted by internal investigators at client;
- Investigation into the allegations of wasteful expenditure relating to business travel and accommodation; and
- Investigation into intercepted payments meant for beneficiaries of state funds.
Tshego has experience in inter alia the following industries:
- Government and Public Sector;
- Pension funds;
- Medical aid fraud;
- Banking; and
- Union federations.