Ukanyo Mabandla is an associate in the Mergers and Acquisitions Practice of our Johannesburg office.
He has assisted in a range of corporate mergers and acquisitions including work in the mining and energy sector, equity capital markets work and cross-boarder acquisitions.
Ukanyo has a BCom (Law) and an LLB degree from the University of Johannesburg.
- Advising Harmony Gold Mining Limited in the acquisition of all of AngloGold Ashanti’s South African assets and related liabilities, which include Mponeng, the world’s deepest mine, valued at approximately USD 300 million – Energy and Natural Resources Deal of the Year, African Legal Awards 2020.
- Advising Linde GmbH and its subsidiaries in relation to BOC Holdings’ sale of 60% of the issued shares of BOC Gases Nigeria PLC (renamed Industrial Gases PLC) – listed on the Nigerian Stock Exchange – to TY Holdings Limited.
- Advising Weir Minerals South Africa Proprietary Limited, the subsidiary of Weir Group plc – listed on the London Stock Exchange, in the transfer of its South African operations and subsequent empowerment transaction to the total value of approximately ZAR 311 million.
- Advising Datatec Limited, a company with a primary listing on the JSE, on the initial public offering and listing of its South American subsidiary, Logicalis Latin American on the B3 S.A. – Brasil, Bolsa, Balcao (the Brizilian stock exchange).
- Advising ABInBev in relation to the unwinding of the SAB Zenzele broad-based black economic empowerment ownership transaction and the implementation of a new SAB Zenzele Kabili broad-based black economic empowerment ownership transaction.
- Advising Rio Tinto in relation to the South African aspects of its sale to the Menar Holding Group of its equity interest in Zululand Anthracite Colliery Proprietary Limited.