- Publications & Insights
Vartika Sahai is a legal executive of our Mauritius office.
She has previously worked on the corporate re-organisation of various companies including that of a Mauritius based multi-national food and beverages group with operations in Asia. She has also assisted on a merger between two significantly established supermarkets operating in Kenya, and PE transactions in India and Africa. Besides advising on general corporate matters, Vartika is frequently involved in matters related to competition, employment, and data protection laws of Mauritius.
Prior to joining Bowmans, Vartika was a legal executive at FirmWise where she assisted on general corporate matters and regulatory issues relating to Mauritius and Indian regulations, including the SEBI regulations, DTAA between India and Mauritius. Before that, Vartika interned and worked with leading law firms in India and Mauritius such as Trilegal and BLC Robert.
- Assisted with advice and drafting in relation to the structuring and setting up of numerous private equity funds and collective investment schemes;
- Drafted several Due Diligence Reports in respect of acquisition of or investment in various Mauritian companies; and
- Assisted in drafting of transaction agreements for various kinds of transactions including shareholder agreements, loan note agreements, share purchase agreements.
Publications & Insights
- Mauritius: Variable capital companies – another step towards enhancing the Mauritius international financial centre
- Mauritius de-listed – the way forward
- Mauritius removed from the FATF grey list
- Mauritius: Overview of the 2021-22 Budget – Recovery, Revival and Resilience
- Mauritius: Amendments to Competition Commission Guidelines in Relation to Mergers