Wanja Wafula is an associate in our Nairobi Office and a member of our Real Estate, Banking and Finance Department.
Wanja is an advocate of the Hight Court of Kenya and a member of the Law Society of Kenya.
She graduated with Bachelor of Laws (LLB Hons) degree from the University of Nairobi and has a Post Graduate Diploma from the Kenya School of Law. She is also an ACCA Affiliate (Association of Chartered Certified Accountants) from Strathmore University.
- Advising the Standard Bank of South Africa Limited and Stanbic Bank Kenya Limited as local counsel together with Clifford Chance LLP (international counsel) on the proposed PPP structure for the Lot 15 concession to finance, build, operate and maintain the various road sections which measure approximately 45 KM and the Lot 18 concession which covers the road section which measures approximately 35KM.
- Advising the Eastern and Southern African Trade & Development Bank (TDB) in respect to the offer by Sichuan Huashi Enterprises Corporation East Africa (E.A.) Limited (Sichuan) to sell to TDB an avalised bill of exchange drawn on the Company for Habitat Housing in Africa (Shelter Afrique) pursuant to a United States Dollars ten million, seven hundred and ninety-five thousand, five hundred fifty-nine and nineteen cents ($10,795,559.19) construction contract between Sichuan and Shelter Afrique for the development of a residential complex in Lavington Kenya.
- Advising the Eastern and Southern African Trade and Development Bank (TDB) in respect to the credit facility to Sunspot Energy Kenya Limited for up to USD 2,500,000 by
- Advising Firstrand Bank Limited on R130,000,000 Term Facilities for South Africa Proprietary Limited by Firstrand Bank Limited (acting through its Rand Merchant Bank).
- Providing legal services to GuarantCo Limited and Stanbic Bank Kenya Limited in relation to the term loan facility for up to USD 25,000,000 extended to Jevanjee Brothers LLP.