- Publications & Insights
Yonela Sicam is an associate in the Dispute Resolution Department of our Johannesburg office, and a member of the Employment & Benefits practice.
She has advised corporate and public sector clients on matters related to various aspects of employment and administrative law, which include but are not limited to, conducting investigations, fair employment policies and practices, effective collective bargaining, review of arbitration awards and/or judgments, management and implementation of restructuring exercises, preparation in respect of disciplinary inquiries, and effective management of litigious matters.
Yonela has a LLB degree from the Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University.
- Conducting an investigation into various allegations of misconduct relating to an Executive of a parastatal.
- Reviewing and drafting policies for an international pharmaceutical company.
- Advising on various aspects relating to trade union recognition and access to the workplace for the biggest international restaurant franchise.
- Drafting a collective agreement to regulate the introduction of collective bargaining in a parastatal.
- Assisting in negotiating and drafting mutual separation agreements between parastatals and executives.
- Assisting in negotiating and drafting mutual separation agreements between companies and executives.
- Assisting various companies and parastatals in managing effective discipline in the workplace and taking disciplinary action.