Zano Nduli is a partner in our Johannesburg office and a member of the M&A Practice.
He specialises in mergers and acquisitions in a wide range of industries. He advises both private and public companies on the process and procedures of various regulatory bodies including the Companies and Intellectual Property Commission, JSE and Registrar of Banks. He has recently developed a depth of experience in transactions involving state-owned entities such as the Public Investment Corporation and Transnet. He also assists clients with various commercial transactions including corporate administration, corporate structures and restructuring and drafting agreements.
- Vodacom transaction: corporate counsel advising the Public Investment Corporation SOC Ltd (PIC), on behalf of the Government Employees Pension Fund (GEPF) on its acquisition of the SA Government’s shareholding in Vodacom Group Limited.
- Barclays/Absa transaction: corporate counsel advising Barclays on the sale of eight of its banking businesses in Africa to Absa Group.
- Actis/Tekkie Town transaction: corporate counsel advising Actis in relation to its acquisition of a significant minority shareholding in Tekkie Town Proprietary Limited.
- Proconics transaction: lead counsel for private equity investors (D Capital Fund 1 (Pty) Ltd) in relation to their acquisition of all the shares in Proconics (Pty) Ltd, together with management.
- Grit transaction: lead counsel for BEE investors (Drive In Trading (Pty) Ltd in relation to its acquisition of all the shares in Proconics (Pty) Ltd, together with management.
- Advised one of the funders in respect of the multi-million USD restructure of debt provided to a multi-jurisdictional telecommunications company.
- Independent News and Media acquisition: corporate counsel advising PIC (on behalf of GEPF) in relation to the acquisition of all the shares in Independent News and Media (South Africa) Proprietary Limited (INMSA) by a consortium including Sekunjalo Independent Media Proprietary Limited and Chinese investors (Interacom Investment Holdings Limited).
- South Point transaction: lead counsel for UIF (through PIC) in relation to its acquisition of all the shares in South Point Management Services (Pty) Ltd, together with management and strategic investors.
- Absa/Edcon transaction: corporate counsel advising Absa on the acquisition of the Edcon Group credit card business.
- Zurich/ Royal Bafokeng transaction: Advising Zurich (through its South African subsidiary, S.A. Fire House Limited) on the acquisition of a controlling interest in Zurich Insurance Company of South Africa Limited.
• Part of the team that advised Barclays on the 2013 DealMaker’s ‘Deal of the Year’ awarded for the merger of Barclays Africa and ABSA Group operations valued at ZAR 18.3 billion.
• African Legal Awards 2013 (Legal Week), Corporate Team of the Year 2013