Apply now for pupillage position at Bowmans in Nairobi
Lawyers aspiring to complete their training as Kenyan advocates now have the opportunity to apply for a one-year pupillage position at Bowmans’ Nairobi office for the year 2020.
Applications for pupillage positions in 2020 have opened and must be received on or before 31 March 2019. Pupillage interviews will then be conducted in April 2019, employing a rigorous interview process that includes oral and written tests.
The successful applicants will commence their pupillage programme on a full-time basis in January 2020. The programme will run for the full calendar year.
Please note that to be considered for a pupillage position, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- at the time of applying, have been admitted to the Advocates Training Programme at the Kenya School of Law (KSL) in its current academic year. (Please contact KSL for further details about admission requirements.)
- hold an LLB degree from a Kenyan or foreign university with no less than an upper second-class honours and distinctions in all commercial law subjects
- hold a KCSE Certificate (or equivalent) with A or A- and an A grade in Mathematics, English and Biology, Physics or Chemistry, or
- hold a KCPE Certificate (or equivalent) with A or A- and an A grade in Mathematics, English and Science.
When applying for pupillage, please make sure your application includes the following:
- A cover letter
- Your current CV highlighting any relevant work experience and extracurricular activities
- Copies of all academic certificates and transcripts
- A personal statement of no more than 800 words, stating why you are best suited for a pupillage position with Bowmans.
Please address and send your pupillage application to:
Bowmans (Coulson Harney LLP)
PO Box 10643 – 00100