- Significant Matters
The need for commercially sound legal advice is becoming increasingly critical in the emerging markets of Africa where governments and the private sector are fully focused on investments necessary to empower development.
We are recognised as the leading Finance Practice in Sub-Saharan Africa and a market-leader in innovation, efficiency, documentation standards and best practice. Our active presence in key African jurisdictions and deep relationships across the continent allow us to offer seamless cross-border solutions. These advantages also afford us an unrivaled understanding of the requirements for local and cross-border funding transactions.
The members of our integrated team specialise in complex domestic and cross-border finance transactions and have extensive knowledge of leveraged and acquisition finance, structured finance, capital markets, projects and infrastructure, real estate finance, trade and export finance, commodities finance, derivatives, securitisation, preference share finance, subordinated debt and insolvency and restructuring.
Our depth of expertise enables us to provide advice across the entire capital structure of a transaction (from working capital facilities to hedging; equity financing to mezzanine debt).
We have become the trusted advisers to many of the leading African and international sponsors, alternative capital providers, corporate and investment banks, financial institutions, funds, venture capital providers, corporate borrowers, state-owned entities, regulatory bodies, governments and insolvency and business rescue practitioners.
Our specialist expertise include:
- Acquisition finance
- Asset finance
- Commodities finance
- Corporate finance
- ECIC export credit finance
- Leveraged finance
- Mining and resource finance
- Preference share funding
- Real estate finance
- Secured lending
- Structured finance
- Subordinated and mezzanine funding
- Syndicated finance
- Trade/ commodity finance
- Venture capital
- Nedbank Corporate Investment Bank
- Multimillion USD financing and refinancing – Rockwell Resources RSA
- Wescoal Holdings Limited
- Gold One Group
- Multi-stakeholder facilitation in the SA mining sector
- Kenya Airways
- Sibanye Gold’s USD 1 Billion Rights Offering and USD 1 Billion Bond Offering to Finance Stillwater Mining Acquisition
- Bank Cantonale Vaudoise (BCV)
- ZAR2 billion financing for Royal Bafokeng Platinum Limited and Royal Bafokeng Resources Pty Ltd
- Lucapa Diamond Company Limited
- Mining Sector Multi-Billion Revolving Facility Agreement
- Eurasian Resources Group – Africa
- Kleoss Capital
- SPAR BBBEE Employee Trust
- Kleoss Fund I
- Rio Tinto International Holdings Limited
- Abraaj, AfricInvest, Swedfund and UAP Holdings Limited
- Alexander Forbes