- Significant Matters
Fairness, equitability, transparency, competitiveness and cost-effectiveness are the guiding principles, required by the Constitution in relation to all public procurement in South Africa.
We have had many successes in guiding both public and private sector clients through the complex regulatory regime of public procurement processes. We also advise corporate clients and government bodies on the application and interpretation of laws and on administrative action.
On the public sector side, we assist with the design and implementation of fair tender processes that meet the stipulated constitutional principles.
On the private sector side we advise clients on the procurement of goods and services by organs of state and help them challenge tender processes which do not meet constitutional standards.
We regularly represent clients in proceedings before statutory bodies that regulate diverse areas of economic and social activity. Our collective expertise in constitutional and administrative law makes us leading practitioners in judicial review proceedings.
A significant area of our work involves advising clients on the procurement of goods and services by organs of State. We have assisted public sector clients to design and implement procurement processes which comply with the legal requirements and helped private sector clients to challenge procurement processes which fall foul of these requirements.
Click here to download our government contracting and public procurement brochure.
- ACSA procurement dispute
- Transnet: Various Privatisations, asset restructurings and disposals
- SBC/ Telekom Malaysia Consortium: Telkom IPO and equity disposal
- Port of Singapore: Privatisation of Portnet (now the Port Authority of South Africa)
- Hutchison Port Holdings of Hong Kong: Privatisation of the container terminal at the Port of Toamasina
- Botswana Telecommunications Corporation: Privatisation and Draft Legislation
- Application of the Preferential Procurement Policy Framework Act
- COJ: Unbundling of Assets
- Telecommunications and broadband companies: Municipal Disputes
- Gautrain Project, Prisons Projects and State Accommodation Projects: Regulatory and procurement aspects of public private partnerships
- Barnes Group: Public Procurement Disputes
- Munitoria PPP Consortium: Tinancing, design, construction and facilities management concession for a new head office for the City of Tshwane
- Eskom Holdings SOC Ltd: Medupi and Kusile
- Department of Energy and the National Treasury: Ground-breaking Independent Power Producer Procurement Process for Renewable Energy
- Department of Energy: National Solar Water Heater Programme