TRANSNET: VARIOUS PRIVATISATIONS, ASSET RESTRUCTURINGS AND DISPOSALS
Transnet on the:
- privatisation of its Pan-African rail concession subsidiary, Comezar;
- privatisation of Freight Dynamics;
- privatisation of Transwerk;
- privatisation and restructuring of state assets and the disposal of certain non-core assets, including the proposed disposal of the Carlton Centre in 2008 and the proposed disposal of the Outeniqua Choo- Tjoe in 2009/ 2010;
- proposed privatisation of Spoornet (which spanned passenger rail services and general freight business at the time); and
- proposed concessioning of the Blue Train.